Start date: Immediate
Employment type: part-time or 1099
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: Charlottesville, VA or remote
About The Company
Founded in Charlottesville, Virginia in 1994 by UVA A School grad Amy Gardner, Scarpa offers a distinct selection of women’s clothing, footwear, accessories, and beauty from established and independent designers. Initially a shoe store, Scarpa has evolved over the last 28 years into a full-service specialty shop, supported by our steadfast guiding principles; we choose items for their thoughtful craftsmanship, smart design, and timelessness. Our buyers seek to offer fresh ideas for our customers’ wardrobe and lifestyle at the intersection of pretty and interesting.
Female-founded and operated to this day, Scarpa is poised for tremendous growth. We pride ourselves on retention of great talent (most employees have been at Scarpa for 5+ years!) and creating a joyful and rewarding work environment.
- You are a true right brain/left brain person: you’re creative and analytical.
- You love the details, and nothing slips past you.
- You enjoy partnering with other teams to successfully meet your goals.
- You are an organized self starter, asking for help when needed but ultimately owning your initiatives start to finish.
- You are a positive, clear communicator who is also comfortable with taking feedback.
- You like to have fun at work solving problems and collaborating with co-workers.
- You understand that a small business means a fast-paced environment and sometimes wearing many hats.
About The Role
Scarpa is looking for a part-time Marketing Assistant to distribute social media content across instagram, facebook, and pinterest using planoly and/or other social media scheduling tools.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to distribute social media content in accordance with Scarpa’s content calendar.
- Draft captions, tag products, and mention relevant accounts in instagram posts.
- Assist with other marketing tasks as-needed
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with instagram, facebook, and pinterest.
- Technical aptitude and a willingness to learn new tools and processes.
- Experience with social scheduling tools a plus.
- Ability to work on-site in Charlottesville, VA preferred. If candidate will not be working at the Charlottesville, VA office, demonstrated ability to work in a remote environment required.